- Accountability – When you work out in a group, eventually you start to realize that you have to show up and push yourself a little harder each class or someone is going to notice. While it’s easy to ignore personal accountability, it’s harder to let down others that believe in you. After a while, you want to perform at your best for the group, not just for yourself.
- Motivation – No matter what happens outside of class, when you walk through those doors you leave it all behind. Your trainer and classmates are there to push you beyond your limits. Sometimes you end up surprising yourself and are able to do exercises you never thought possible.
- Support – The journey to better health and achieving your fitness goals is not easy. Joining a group of people who have similar goals keeps you from having to do it all by yourself. There is power in numbers and knowing there is someone there with you along the way makes the journey better.
- Stress Relief – Living with stress is a normal part of life for many. The time you spend in a group fitness class can be the stress free part of your day. When you show up for class, you don’t have to worry because your trainer is there to support you and help you feel better. All you have to do is give your personal best.
- Network – You never know who you could be walking or running next to in a group fitness class. People from all walks of life are there for one common goal…to improve their health and fitness. Over time, health and fitness can become a bigger priority in your life thanks to your trainer and classmates. You may find yourself participating in marathons, recreational sports teams, weight loss challenges, etc. You become more like the people with whom you spend the most time.
If you’ve never tried a group fitness class before, JOIN MONTE SANDERS @ 11:30 AM ON TUESDAY, OCTOBER 4th AT THE HARBOR PLACE AMPHITHEATER FOR A FREE WORKOUT. Adults and kids are invited for a Total Body Workout designed to keep you moving while having big fun with one of the best trainers in Baltimore. All you need is one hour to devote to yourself and your mind, body and spirit will never be the same.
Monte also offers a FREE group fitness class every month. For details, please email Leslie Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also log on to www.SandersOptimumFitness.com, follow Monte on twitter (@MonteSanders) for regular health and fitness tips or on Facebook, Sanders Optimum Fitness (official FAN PAGE).